7.8.12

Cry me a river COOKIES

Right now I was visiting gojee and I found this quick recipe for some kind of cookie called ''cry me a river''. It's name caught my eye immediately and it looks so yummy I felt like sharing this here! 
What I like the most about Gojee is not only that I can learn how to cook a million dishes, but the fact that everytime I click the 'see full recipe' button I discover amazing blogs that just make me want to save some money to buy ingridients for cakes, desserts and another bunch of delicious things! 
Everything about cooking drives me crazy, but I confess that I'm not good at cooking salty dishes with meat or fish, but I enjoy doing salads and everything about pastry, because I love candy and that makes it easier hahaha. 
I think I owned my love for pastry with my grandma, who happens to be a great cook, specially when it comes to desserts, she's the boss! 
Sooooo, as I said before, through Gojee I've discovered amazing blogs, like the one where I got this recipe from: Cafe Johnsonia:

The writer, Lindsey Jonhson says she did these cookies because she couldn't see her little boy crying over sprinkled cookies!
 His sisters got sprinkled cookies and he didn't, because he was asleep, but then momma made him homemade ones! HOW LUCKY HUH?

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup salted butter, room temperature
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 whole large egg
  • 1 large egg yolk
  • 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 cups flour (use less if you want a stickier dough)
  • 1/4 tsp. salt (optional, use if you use unsalted butter)
  • Multicolored jimmies or sanding sugar

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 

Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add the vanilla, egg yolk, and whole egg.  Beat until thick and creamy.  Add the flour a little at a time until dough is stiff, but not dry and crumbly.  It should hold its shape when rolled into a ball.  Roll the dough into small balls, about 3/4" or so, and press the balls into a small bowl containing jimmies or colored sugar.

Place balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet, gently press to flatten the dough.  Bake for about 10 minutes.  Cool on wire racks.  Store in an airtight container.


Hope you liked this recipe! Everything's from Lindsey's blog (check it out) xxx, Rita



6 comments:

  1. Mmmm, only crying I'd be doing is probably over how good these taste! Haha, I love cookies :)

    Enter to win a dress from Alainn Bella!
    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love cookies :)))) My girls will love these. Thanks so much for the visit & your sweet comment, it's really appreciated...have enjoyed your blog, so I've hit the follow button...hope you visit again soon doll, have a gorgeous day :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. muito obrigada !
    vou experimentar a receita (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks very delicious!

    You have a great blog, I'm now following via GFC ang Bloglovin'! Hope u follow back :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment ♥